Friday, July 20, 2007
The little detours of life...
Yes, we all have those moments of deja-vu and today I experienced yet another.
Six years ago, Deanna was visiting me and my family for the first time in Australia. I had taken her to most the places we could go and her trip was coming to an end. On the night I proposed to her, I took her down to the Geelong waterfront, to a place where you can see the city lights and out across Corio Bay... there on the steps leading to the Beach House restaurant we got engaged.
((Photo's to be posted soon))
Twice during her first visit I tried to book a romantic evening at the Beach House but unfortunately both those nights were on a Monday and then, as now, the restaurant is closed on Monday's.
Tonight though (Friday), on the eve of our 6th wedding anniversary I finally got to take her to experience the ambience and the view of the "The Beach House". Mind you we had a child in tow and one on the way but it was good food and wonderful service that made for a pleasant evening.
Although Chloe was tired and a little restless, (after several comments of "how many 'seconds' does it take to get some ice-cream") we managed to make it through the evening without any fuss. Her good manners were rewarded with a dessert of a big bowl of ice-cream that also had 2 chocolate frogs, chocolate topping (syrup) and 2 candy snakes.
Dee (Salmon ravioli in seafood broth) and I (char-grilled pork chops with veggie stack) enjoyed our meal immensely and the young lady that served us was pleasant, gracious and prompt. This restaurant comes highly recommended by me and any who have a chance to visit Geelong should without doubt make every effort to spend a pleasant evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so excited to see you at blogspot!
I enjoyed the pictures and all the news.
We are patiently waiting to hear the news that your baby has arrived. Please know that our love and prayers are yours, and that we can't wait for you to call Idaho home!!!!
Post a Comment