This is a journal of the wanderings of the De Booy family across the globe and all around. God be with you as he is with us. May your heart be true and never afraid to shine.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
A beautiful Sunday in Idaho
In the midst, of all the effort and turmoil of life right now with job searching and family crises we had a nice little outing to Sheila's folks place in the Owyhee Mountains.
We hope you enjoy the pictures we took that day......
I called this profile "Wandering Novice" due to the fact that I often feel like John the Baptist, as God leads me from place to place and then at short notice moves me on again after fulfilling the mission I was sent to complete.
I have no distinctions on myself about my importance in this life but as God leads and directs, so I will go and minister his word.... "And some fell by the wayside, and some in thorn and thistles, and some fell on the good ground".... so go I into the world and plant the seed and leave it upto God for the increase.
I have no fear about who will hear or reject, b/c God has told us "my sheep hear my voice" AND "my word doesn't come back void", so I speak with confidence the truth I know, which is planted in my own heart.
"Draw nigh unto me and I will draw nigh unto thee, and show thee great and mighty things which though knowest not". GOD
CLIMATE: Highest temp. 50.8° C at Mildura in the north-west. -12.8°C at Mt. Hotham in the Highlands. High rainfall with extremes of heat in summer in the western and north western regions.
Melbourne was first settled in 1835. Victoria is Australia's smallest mainland state with 1800 km of coastline.Known as the 'Garden State', a reference to the rolling green hills and valleys which make up the majority of the state, and varied in scenery, it is has much to offer. Among the major attractions of the state is The Grampians National Park, west of Melbourne. This beautiful area offers walking trails, spectacular lookouts and lake swimming and fishing. South-east of Melbourne, Phillip Island is a popular place to observe the nightly procession of pengiuns returning to their nests after a days activities. The capital of Victoria, Melbourne, enjoys the reputation of being Australia's Cultural capital, and this is reflected in the many live shows which are presented at the theatres which abound in the city.
Recently Read & Recommended...
The Ragamuffin Gospel: Good News for the Bedraggled, Beat-Up, and Burnt Out by Brennan Manning
12 Ordinary Men by John MacArthur
Extraordinary Faith by Sheila Walsh
Come Thirsty by Max Lucado
Jesus amongst other gods by Ravi Zacharias
Books yet to read....
The Lamb and the Fuhrer by Ravi Zacharias
The Seven Daughters of Eve: The science that reveals our Genetic Ancestry by Bryan Sykes
A History Of Britain (3 Vol's) by Simon Schama
Magellania by Jules Verne
The Power of Babel: A natural history of language by John McWhorter
The Compleat Gentleman; the modern man's guide to chivalry by Brad Miner
How to read the Bible for all it's worth by Gordon D. Fee
Eucalyptus by Murray Bail
The Christian Tradition (5 Vol's) by Jaroslav Pelikan
1 comment:
You took some amazing pictures!!!! :)
That was a fun day!
Sheila
Post a Comment